The vision and mission of the College is:
- To contribute to building a new social order based on human dignity and social justice.
- To work with a preferential option for the vulnerable and exploited, both locally and globally.
- To build a cadre of young, competent professionals having a global perspective and a strong value base of compassion, personal integrity, moderation, tolerance and self-respect.
Objectives of the programs offered by the College are as follows:
- Facilitate an understanding of the history and context of the communities and societies within which we function.
- Develop a local and global understanding of the dynamics of poverty and human development, and its impact on various social groups
- Develop an understanding of the dynamics of the state and civil society organizations in the context of transnational influences.
- Develop skills for devising and implementing effective, people-oriented interventions to ameliorate the miseries of marginalized populations and develop skills for practice-based research into social phenomena and issues.
- Develop appreciation for the values of social justice, human dignity, tolerance and respect toward ‘the other’ in a diverse society.
- Develop sensitivity toward the vulnerable sections of the population and recognize and uphold their right to participation in governance and to self-determination.
- Develop professional ethics with reference to self and society and commitment to all aspects of work.