PhD Program in Social Work:
- Candidates aspiring for the PhD should have completed MSW or a MA in Social Work from any of the UGC approved University in India.
- The minimum percentage for marks for eligibility to PhD admission process is 55% at PG level.
- Candidates should have cleared the PET exam of Mumbai University, and completed pre-doctoral course work (12 credits) from approved research training centre before applying for the program.
- Candidates aspiring for the MSW Programme should have completed Graduation (10+2+3) from any of the UGC approved University in India or AIU approved foreign universities .
- The minimum percentage for marks at the Graduation Course for eligibility to MSW admission process is 50% for General Category candidates; 45% for the candidates from Roman Catholic (Minority), and SC, ST, OBC, NT, DT, and PwD.
- Candidates from University of Mumbai are required to submit their result of Undergraduate program to the College as soon as it is declared.
- If the candidate is declared failed by University of Mumbai, the admission of MSW program stands cancelled.
- The applications with VIth semester pending results from other university will be allowed for the written exams (provided they produce their results or confidential reports of the results from their respective University on the day of Group Discussion and failing which candidates will not be allowed to appear for the same).
- The Candidates applying from University other than University of Mumbai have to follow eligibility process subscribed by the University of Mumbai.
- Candidates aspiring for the BSW Programme should have completed HSC (10+2) from any of the approved School Boards in India or abroad.
- The minimum percentage for marks at the HSC for eligibility to BSW admission process is 50% for General Category candidates; 45% for the candidates from Roman Catholic (Minority), and SC, ST, OBC, NT, DT, and PwD.
- Undergraduate admission process begins as soon as the Maharashtra State School Board result is declared in last week of May/ early June.
Candidates aspiring for other short term programs can contact the respective units for eligibility criteria.
Reservation Norms under Minority HEI Status
College of Social Work (Autonomous) Nirmala Niketan Institute is a Catholic Christian Minority institution, affiliated to the University of Mumbai. As per the Judgement dated 12th October 2017 of the Honourable Bombay High Court vide Writ Petition No. 1726 of 2001, Minority Colleges do not need to set aside seats for Backward Classes. This is reiterated by the University of Mumbai Circular (No.Aff./Recog.I/Admission/(2018-19)/10/of 2018), dated 30th May, 2018. Thus, 50% of the seats are reserved for Christian Minority students.
- The College provides a generic course of studies at the BSW and MSW levels. The curriculum consists of relevant aspects of both theory and field work to help students enhance their practical understanding of social work practice.
- The need to provide individualized field instruction (practice training), demands that a relatively small number of students are admitted to the College. As per GR No. UG/54 of 2008 the College may admit the following maximum number of students every year at the entry level.
MSW –I : 60 students
BSW –I : 60 students
- There is no minimum age for admission provided the student meets all other eligibility and admission criteria required by the University and the College. Admission is open to men ,women and other gender students for all programs.
- English is the medium of instruction. Hence, the ability to use English as a language is essential for this course. Fluency in either Hindi or Marathi is required for field work while working with the client system.
Securing Admission (Most important things to be noted)
- Students whose names are declared in the first merit list should secure admission by paying the fees with in the time and date specified. If they do not pay the fees and secure admission as per the first merit list date and time, they will not be considered further.
- Admissions will be considered to be completed only when the full fees for the academic year are paid (against an official receipt) and the name of the applicant appears on the relevant rolls.
Progress in the Consecutive Years
- All UG and PG admissions are valid only for one year and are therefore to be renewed for each subsequent year of study.
- A student will not be re-admitted to the College if he / she has:
- Had three unsuccessful attempts at the same examination
- Been debarred twice within the first four semesters due to lack of attendance
- Serious complaints of indiscipline against him / her in that year.
- Application forms are invited for BSW and MSW programs only through ONLINE mode. Rest of the programs are currently offline.
- Applicant has to login through the https://cswnn.edu.in/admission-portal and register online with e-mail ID, mobile number and date of birth. On successful registration, an email will be sent to the registered e-mail ID with login credentials to access the form and complete it online.
- The application fee for BSW and MSW program shall be paid through the online bank link provided in the official email for ONLINE PAYMENT
- Rs. 600/- : for General Category & Catholic Minority candidates
- Rs. 500/- : Reserve Category of Maharashtra Candidates
Documents Required for Filling Online Form
Candidates are required to keep the following documents ready for filling the MSW application form.
Baptism Certificate (for Roman Catholic Candidates)
Caste certificate (if applicable)
Mark sheet of SSC
Mark sheet of HSC
Mark sheets of all semester/year (Do not put consolidated mark sheets here)
Final Consolidated Mark sheet
Grade point converter of your Board/University
Degree Certificate/Passing certificate
Transfer Certificate (for all the students of colleges affiliated to University of Mumbai)
Migration Certificate (compulsory for all the students from Universities other than University of Mumbai)
Verification Report from previous University (compulsory for all the students from universities whose results are pending)
Any other additional certificates/ diplomas obtained
Passport size Photographs
Marriage certificate (for married candidates)
Disability certificate (if applicable)
Ex-Serviceman Certificate (if applicable)
Online MSW application fee payment receipt/ snapshot
For details about the MSW Program and the Fee Structure, kindly read the PROSPECTUS available on the website.
Entrance Examination Process
- Online Entrance Test for MSW 2021-22 Batch - shall be on 15th June 2021 from 10.30 a.m to 12.30 p.m however students have joined the link given at 10.00 a.m for verification of identity
- There Shall be a demo session on 14th June 2021 at 10.30 a.m to help students to clear doubts on online exam
Please keep your hall tickets and any Identity Proof (eg: Aadhar card) and produce the same to the invigilator.
Please preserve the Hall Ticket carefully as it needs to be produced if the candidate is shortlisted for the Interview.
Candidates must maintain discipline during the online examination hall and follow the instructions given by Invigilator. Failure to comply with the instructions can lead to disqualification from writing the examination.
The AIMS paper can be written in English, Hindi or Marathi. Rest of the tests are in English only.