STUDENT REDRESSAL & ANTI RAGGING CELL
The College has a Grievance Redressal Mechanism and a Student Grievance Cell.
The members of the Grievance (including sexual discrimination/harassment and ragging) Cell are:
- Dr. Lidwin Dias, Principal
- Dr. Vaijayanta Anand, IQAC Coordinator
- Dr. Anita Machado, Associate Professor, Senior Faculty
- Ms. Sabeena Gonsalves, Administrator
- Ms. Shweta Malvankar, Office Superintendent
- Adv. Farida Poonawala, Lawyer & External Member
NOTE: The PG portal of UGC (http://www.ugc.ac.in/grievance) can also be accessed to register any complaint.
Discrimination against SC/ST Students:
Any student, any member of the teaching and non-teaching staff can register their grievances and concerns regarding SC/ST discrimination and any kind of caste-related injustice, and avail themselves of proper solutions for the discrimination they have experienced.
The email address for any grievances to be registered should be sent to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
ANONYMOUS COMPLAINTS WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINED, AS IT WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE TO FOLLOW UP THE COMPLAINT.
1) The Anti- Ragging undertaking is mandatory for every student for every academic year. The College has a grievance redressal committee which handles anti – ragging cases / sexual harassment cases.
2) UGC website www.ugc.ac.in mentioning Regulations on curbing the menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions 2009 (under sec 26(1) (g)of the UGC act 1956) New Delhi 02, 17th June 2009
3) The definition of ragging according to the 3rd amendment in UGC Regulations on 29 th June 2016 is as follows “any act of physical or mental abuse (including bullying and exclusion) targeted at another student (fresher or otherwise) on the ground of color, race, religion, caste, ethnicity, gender (including transgender), sexual orientation, appearance, nationality, regional origins, linguistic identity, place of birth, place of residence economic background.