College of Social Work (Autonomous) Nirmala Niketan Institute is a Roman Catholic
(Christian) Minority Higher Education Institution, affiliated to the University of Mumbai.
As per the Judgement dated 12th October 2017 of the Honourable Bombay High Court
vide Writ Petition No. 1726 of 2001, Minority Colleges do not need to set aside seats for
Backward Classes. This is reiterated by the University of Mumbai Circular
(No.Aff./Recog.I/Admission/(2018-19)/10/of 2018), dated 30th May, 2018. Thus, 50% of
the seats are reserved for Christian Minority students. The eligibility conditions are as
1. Candidates aspiring for the MSW Programme should have completed Graduation
(10+2+3) from any of the UGC approved University in India or abroad.
2. The minimum percentage for marks at the Graduation Course for eligibility to MSW
admission process is as follows:
- 50% for General Category candidates
- 45% for the candidates from Catholic Minority, SC, ST, OBC, and PwD
3. There is no minimum age for admission provided the student meets all other
eligibility and admission criteria required by the University and the College.
4. Admission is open to men, women and other gender students for all our programs.
College of Social Work (Autonomous)
Nirmala Niketan Institute, Mumbai