Admission Policy for M.S.W
College of social work
- Candidates aspiring for the MSW Programme should have completed Graduation (10+2+3) from any of the UGC approved University in India.
- The minimum percentage for marks at the Graduation Course for eligibility to MSW admission process is 50% for General Category candidates and 45% for the candidates from Minority and Reserved Category.
- Candidates from University of Mumbai are required to submit their result of Undergraduate program to the College as soon as it is declared.
- If the candidate is declared failed by University of Mumbai, the admission of MSW program stands cancelled.
- The applications with VIth semester pending results from only University of Mumbai will be accepted.
- The applications with VIth semester pending results from other university will be allowed for the written exams provided they produce their results or confidential reports of the results from their respective University on the day of Group Discussion and failing which candidates will not be allowed to appear for the same.
- The Candidates applying from University other than University of Mumbai have to follow eligibility process subscribed by the University of Mumbai.
- Candidates from countries other than India are required to contact University of Mumbai for further process.
Application forms are invited for Postgraduate Programme (MSW) 2019- 2020 Only through ONLINE mode
- Applicant has to login through the link given below and register online with e-mail ID, mobile number and date of birth. On successful registration, an email will be sent to the registered e-mail ID with login credentials to access the form and complete it online. However a printed copy of completed application form will have to be Courier / Post/ by Hand delivery to the admission office along with online payment receipt before the last date, i.e, 31st May 2019.
- The College provides a generic course of studies at the M.S.W. level. A choice and credit based semester grading system of two years has been adopted for the M.S.W. course since 2015. The curriculum consists of relevant aspects of both theory and field work to help students enhance their practical understanding of social work practice.
- The need to provide individualized field instruction (practice training), demands that a relatively small number of students are admitted to the College. As per GR No. UG/54 of 2008 the College may admit the following maximum number of students every year at the entry level.
MSW –I : 60 students
- There is no minimum age for admission provided the student meets all other eligibility and admission criteria required by the University and the College. Admission is open to men ,women and other gender students for all programs.
- English is the medium of instruction. Hence, the ability to use English as a language is essential for this course. Fluency in either Hindi or Marathi is required for field work while working with the client system.
3. Admission Guidelines
- A hardcopy of the filled in form along with documents attached has to reach the college by post/courier/hand delivery on or before 31st May, 2019.
The Online MSW admission form will be available to candidates only after the payment of fees through the link provided in the form for ONLINE PAYMENT
Rs. 500/- : for General Category candidates & Catholic Minority
Rs. 400/- : for candidates from Reserved categories and person with
(The Printed receipt of the same should be attached to the form)
- The application form will not be accepted in the absence of relevant documents and the Printed payment receipt for verification purpose.
- Being a Catholic Minority College 50% seats are reserved for Catholic students.
4. Documents Required
- Candidates are required to submit following documents along with MSW application form. Kindly upload the scanned copies of following documents in PDF only:
a) Online payment receipt.
b) Baptism Certificate (for Roman Catholic Candidates)
c) Caste certificate (if applicable)
d) School/ college leaving certificate
e) Mark sheets of SSC
f) Mark sheets of HSC
g) Mark sheets of all semester/year wise (Do not put consolidated mark
h) Marksheets of all years (Consolidated)
i) Grade converter of your Board/University
j) Degree Certificate/Passing
k) Transfer Certificate (compulsory for all the students from universities other than
University of Mumbai)
l) Certificate of any other Degree
m) Migration Certificate (compulsory for all the students from Universities other
than University of Mumbai)
n) Verification Report from previous University (compulsory for all the students
from universities other than University of Mumbai)
o) Any other degrees obtained
p) Two Passport size Photographs
q) Marriage certificate (for married candidates)
r) Disability certificate (if applicable)
s) Ex-Serviceman Certificate (if applicable)
- Application forms with incorrect payment and document will not be accepted.
- For details about the MSW Program and the Fee Structure, kindly read the Prospectus available on the website.
- Please check the status of application in Admission Dash Board and reply to the queries posted by the administrator. Incomplete application forms will not be accepted for admission to MSW Programme.