Admission Policy for M.S.W
- Candidates aspiring for the MSW Programme should have completed Graduation (10+2+3) from any of the UGCapproved University in India.
- The minimum percentage for marks at the Graduation Coursefor eligibility to MSW admission process is 50% for General Category candidates and 45% for the candidates from Minority and Reserved Category.
- Candidates from University of Mumbai are required to submit their result of Undergraduate program to the College as soon as it is declared.
- If the candidate is declared failed by University of Mumbai, the admission of MSW program stands cancelled.
- The applications with VIth semester pending results from only University of Mumbai will be accepted
- The applications with VIth semester pending results from other university will be allowed for the written exams provided they produce their results or confidential reports of the results from their respective University on the day of Entrance test failing which candidates will not be allowed to appear for the same.
- The Candidates applying from University other than University of Mumbai have to follow eligibility process subscribed by the University of Mumbai.
- Candidates from countries other than India are required to contact University of Mumbai for further process.
Reservations for the MSW programme will be as per the University of Mumbai Guidelines.
- The College provides a generic course of studies at the M.S.W. level. A choice and credit based semester grading system of two years has been adopted for the M.S.W. course since 2016-2017. The curriculum consists of relevant aspects of both theory and field work to help students enhance their practical understanding of social work practice.
- The need to provide individualized field instruction (practice training), demands that a relatively small number of students are admitted to the College.
- There is no minimum age for admission provided the student meets all other eligibility and admission criteria required by the University and the College. Admission is open to both men and women students for all programmes.
- English is the medium of instruction. Hence, the ability to use English as a language is essential for this course. Fluency in either Hindi or Marathi is required for field work while working with the client system.
M.S.W Course Curriculum
|Semester - I||Credits|
|History, Philosophy and Practice of Social Work||4|
|Work with Individuals and Families – I||4|
|Social Welfare and Development Administration||4|
|Introduction to Social Science – I||4|
|B. Human Growth and Behavior|
|Semester - II||Credits|
|Contemporary Social Movements||4|
|Work With Groups||4|
|Social Policy and Planning||4|
|Introduction to Social Science – II||4|
|B. Economics of Development|
|Semester - III||Credits|
|Elective basket -I (Select any one )||4|
|A. Gender Studies|
|B. Teaching and Supervision|
|C. Child Rights|
|Elective basket -II (Select any one )||4|
|B. Social exclusion and inclusion|
|C. Working with Disabilities|
|Elective basket -III (Select any one )||4|
|A. Mental Health|
|B. Informal Labor and Informal Sector|
|C. Gerentology and Geriatric care|
|Elective basket -IV (Select any one )||6|
|A. Therapeutic Intervention|
|B. Rural Na Urban Studies|
|C. Development Communication skills|
|Semester - IV||Credits|
|Elective Basket -I (Select any one )||6|
|A. Skills for Social Work/Management of Non-Profit Organization|
|B. Sustainable Development and Environment|
|Elective Basket -II (Select any one )||4|
|A. Gender, Sexuality and Relationship|
|B. Disaster Management|
|Field work-based Project||6|
3. Admission Guidelines
For admission into MSW Programme, Only Online mode of admission is available.
The MSW admission forms will be available from 3rd April, 2018 till 31st May, 2018.
- A hardcopy of the filled in form along with documents attached has to reach the college by post/courier/hand delivery on or before 31st May, 2018
- The Online MSW admission form will be available to candidates only after the payment of fees (Rs. 500/- for General Category candidates inclusive of Minority candidates and Rs. 400/- for candidates from Reserved categories) in the form of Demand Draft. DD has to be prepared in favor of “College of Social Work”, payable at Mumbai, with the candidate’s Name, and email/phone number written on the rear side of the DD. DD has to be prepared from nationalized bank only.
- The application form will not be accepted in the absence of relevant documents and Demand Draft.
4. Documents Required
Candidates are required to submit following documents along with MSW application form. In case of online mode of application, kindly upload the scanned copies of following documents in PDF and JPEG:
a) Demand Draft
b) Baptism Certificate (for Roman Catholic Candidates)
c) Caste certificate (if applicable)
d) School/ college leaving certificate
e) Mark sheets of SSC
f) Mark sheets of HSC
g) Mark sheets of all semester year wise (Do not put consolidated mark sheets)
h) Marksheets of all years (Consolidated)
i) Grade converter of your Board/University
j) Degree Certificate/Passing
k) Transfer Certificate(compulsory for all the students from universities other than University of Mumbai)
l) Certificate of any other Degree
m) Migration Certificate (compulsory for all the students from universities other than University of Mumbai)
n) Verification Report from previous University (compulsory for all the students from universities other than University of Mumbai)
o) Any other degrees obtained
p) Two Passport size Photographs
q) Marriage certificate (for married candidates)
r) Disability certificate (if applicable)
s) Ex-Serviceman Certificate (if applicable)
- Proceed to upload Demand Draft with DD No, date and amount. Application forms with incorrect DD Nos will not be accepted.
- For details about the MSW Program and the Fee Structure, kindly read the Prospectus available on the website.
- Please check the status of application in Admission Dash Board and reply to the queries posted by the administration. Incomplete application forms will not be accepted for admission to MSW Programme.
Application forms are invited for Postgraduate Programme (MSW) 2018- 2019 Only through ONLINE mode
Applicant has to login through the link given below and register online with e-mail ID, mobile number and date of birth. On successful registration, an email will be sent to the registered e-mail ID with login credentials to access the form and complete it online. However a printed copy of completed application form will have to be mailed to the admission office along with Demand Draft in the favour of “College of Social Work” before the last date, i.e, 31st May 2018.Apply